Unable to Invoke Service GetPowerProducers on PowerSystemServices

I tested PowerSystemServices :
link :“http://localhost/Thingworx/Things/PowerSystemServices/Services/GetPowerProducers
appKey: kleeAppKey
I occured error “Unable to Invoke Service GetPowerProducers on PowerSystemServices : Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on GetImplementingThingsWithData in PowerProducerTS”
I’ve already set permission for Power.General group to execute service in runtime of PowerSystemServices but it didn’t work.
After that, I set permission for Power.General group execute service "GetImplementingThingsWithData " in runtime of PowerProducerTS and it work but now Power.General group can execute internal service like system user, right?

Hope anyone can help me

Thanks a lot!

Hello @Vu873,

Could you please tell me which ThingWorx version are you using for the exercise? Are you accessing the course via https://www.thingworxacademic.com?

Thank you,
The IoTU Support Team

Thanks for quick reply!
I install trial thinkworx version 8 on my local server.

Hello @Vu873,

I think your problem might be similar to the one in this other post. Could you check your URL to see if it matches this format: [Server-URL]/ThingWorx/[Entity-Type]/[Entity]/Properties/[Property]

Hi, I am using thingworxacademic.com, and I am facing the same problem. I have also set the required permissions to the Power.General group

Hello,

Same here, and I am almost sure that ThingWorx admin did not grant the system user “service” to execute the getPropoertiesimplementaingWithData.

This part is reminded in the video of the PowerProducerTS thing. If you are going through the exercise from your own platform they show you how to do it in the first milestones otherwise if you are using the online platform (like I am) it is supposed to be done.

Very frustrating as it cost me to redo the module 3 times looking for something wrong with my previous setup.

A workaround would be to grant Karen the service permission (execute will do) on the properties of the PowerProdcuersTS thing … but this has no sens as we were supposed this by the best practice of wrapping services !!!

Can anyone from ThngWorx fix this please ?
Regards

Yes, that seems like the problem. I figured out the workaround as you mentioned too. Thanks, anyway :slight_smile:

I am facing the same problem using thigworxacademic.com. Has anyone the fix for this issue?

Logged a case but support doesn’t seem to be very responsive…

Hello @Vu873,

Could you please tell us which ThingWorx instance are you utilizing? Is it the one indicated in the Pre-work section of the IoT Modeling with ThingWorx course?

Hello @Oana
i am not aware of any other platform than the one mentioned in Pre-work section.
thx

Hello @Firas099,

I was double checking to see if you utilized the ThingWorx platform associated with the IoT Modeling course. Each course provides access to a different platform. Utilizing a platform that’s not assigned to the course you are taking might lead to an error similar to the one you’ve encountered. If we rule out this possible error we can then start investigating other issues that might cause this.

Clear.
Many thx @Oana .
Actually I was 100% on the training and pre-work instructions.

Hello @Oana,
I am using https://ptcu-thingworx74-modeling.portal.ptc.io/Thingworx/Composer/ wich is the URL that appears once you have clicked the “Launch Thingworx” button of the " IoT Modeling with Thingworx 7.4" course.

@Oana
Any progress pls ?
We still have it:
Unable to Invoke Service GetPowerProducers on PowerSystemServices_firas : Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on GetImplementingThingsWithData in PowerProducerTS_firas

Sorry for the delay - permissions weren’t set up properly after a maintenance event. I believe we have resolved this issue.

If they continue, please let us know.

Just notified by Adam (the video instructor).
Fixed. I have just tested and all good for me !

It works but the results are not the same as in the video.
With the admin user key “GetPowerProducers” shows six results:

• CrewRover1_
  • CrewRover2_
  • CrewRover3_
  • SolarCollector-1_
  • SolarCollector-2_
  • WeatherRover1_

But with the klee’s key, I can only see two results:

• SolarCollector-1
  • SolarCollector-2

Is it correct or the results should be the same with both users?